College of Engineering | July 13, 2020
Five engineering faculty members received National Science Foundation (NSF) Early Career Development (CAREER) awards in 2020, bringing the total CAREER award winners in the College of Engineering to 31 over the last five years.
The NSF CAREER award is one of the highest honors given by the U.S. government to young faculty members in engineering and science. Awards are given to faculty with “the potential to serve as academic role models in research and education and to lead advances in the mission of their department or organization.”
The 2020 CAREER award recipients in engineering are:
• Alexander W. Dowling, chemical and biomolecular engineering
• Walter J. Scheirer, computer science and engineering
• Matthew J. Webber, chemical and biomolecular engineering
• Patrick M. Wensing, aerospace and mechanical engineering
• Sangpil Yoon, aerospace and mechanical engineering
Read more here.
Originally published by dailydomer.nd.edu on July 13, 2020.at