CRC Award for Computational Science and Visualization
The Center for Research Computing (CRC) Award recognizes outstanding contributions in the areas of computational sciences and visualization. Such contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Applications of high performance computation and/or visualization technology
- Development of algorithms, codes, software environments, or other tools for better using high performance computing and/or visualization
Up to three awards may be presented each year. Awardees will receive a $1000 cash award and a plaque.
This award is open to all current Notre Dame students seeking an advanced degree, as well as to recent graduates. The nominated work does not need to have been done using CRC hardware or software.
Nominations for Commencement 2020 are now OPEN. Please submit nominations by Tuesday March 31, 2020
Award nominations should be accompanied by:
- Student’s curriculum vitae
- One-page statement from the student summarizing the nominated work
- Letter from the student’s graduate research adviser that clearly explains:
- The intellectual significance of the work in the context of the student’s discipline
- Which parts of the work were done individually by the student and
- The (potential) broader impact of the work on society at large
- URL of a webpage at which additional details or supplementary information concerning the work is presented. Nominations will be judged on the quality and impact of the student’s work and not on any aspects of the design of the requested webpage.
Please also provide the following information:
- The nominee’s mailing (and e-mail) address and phone number
- The nominator’s name, e-mail address and phone number
- Refereed and non-refereed publications should be clearly identified in the curricula vitae. Please do not include copies of publications (these may be posted on the requested webpage).
Nominations should be submitted to the CRC Award Nominations page.