Who Should Apply
Applicants with the following attributes are strongly encouraged to apply:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents majoring in computer science, psychology, economics, or sociology.
- Women and minorities that are under-represented in the sciences.
When to Apply
NSF Funding Has Ended - There Will Not Be A Summer 2022 Program
The application period for Summer 2021 is now closed.
Below is the general timeline for the 2021 CSS REU program:
- Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 - Application Opens
- Monday, February 1st, 2021 - Applications & Reference Letters Due.
- End of February through Mid March - Notification of acceptance or rejection will be made.
- Tuesday, June 1st - Students move into campus housing.
- Wednesday, June 2nd - CSS REU program begins.
- Saturday, July 31st - CSS REU program ends and students move out of campus housing.
How to Apply
- Identify the 3-5 available research projects that are of most interest. You will need to indicate these on your application.
- Submit the online application.
- Arrange for two letters of reference to be sent to email@example.com.
- Important: There is no required format or content for the recommendation letters. The online application form and recommendation letters are the only requirement - additional information will not be reviewed.
Need more information?
For more information on the CRC's REU programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on other REU opportunities offered by the NSF, please visit the NSF website.